Thursday, September 20, 2012

CAFE HUNTING ! 

What I am about to post is long overdue.. Kinda happens like weeks ago~ But still I would love to share where I've been to and hopefully more to visit! =) 

Few weeks ago, I brought my parents to renew their passports which is at Lavender MRT station.. 

And after we were done, Dad suggested that we could take a walk near the park and at the same time collect his vehicle where he parked nearby.. 

We happened to pass by this cafe and of course my parents call it Coffee shop.. Lol~ 

We decided to have a seat and drink some coffee~ Spending time with my family are so great! =) 

Loysel's Toy!




It's more like a vintage kind of cafe..I didn't take much photos of the place because I didn't think that it would be one of the cafe hunts~ 


We ordered breakfast, though we already had our early breakfast before we headed out but I wanted to try~ 

The food wasn't amazing and seriously it was overpriced.. For this plate of breakfast cost S$15 if I remembered correctly.. 



I ordered a slice of carrot cake and to be honest, this is my first time having a carrot cake. And the cake was really good! Its really smooth and fluffy, the taste was really good.. cost S$6 I think.. 


Took a snapshot of my parents~ LOL! 

We even ordered Mocha.. I think the coffee was still okay~ The service was good! =) 

I decided to visit BooksActually near Tiong Bahru MRT station, apparently you have to walk to that place for about 15 to 20 minutes?

If you knew the area well, maybe you need only 15 minutes.. But it was my first visit, so I had a difficult time looking for it.. 

Still gotta rely on my Iphone to find the place.. ha! 



Finally I found it after 20 minutes~ This is how it looks out on the outside of the shop~ 


Tadah~ Took this photo kinda secretly when the person wasn't looking.. I was afraid that it wasn't allowed.. =X 

It was kinda stressful to walk in the bookstore and knowing that I didn't have much money to get new books.. I just picked out books randomly.. Wanted to buy but stopped the temptation of buying.. 

Some of their books were kinda overpriced.. Maybe I didn't know how much exactly cost at other book stores but it just doesn't seems like it should cost that amount of money.. (just saying) 

It was a good experience though~ Knowing that there are independent bookstores like this in Singapore.. Rather than big bookstores like Popular and Kinokuniya.. Singapore should have more bookstores like this! Makes readers happy~ Shopping for books is gonna be fun! =) 

Nearby BookActually, there are quite a few cafes and one of them was listed in a website saying that their coffee was the one of the best. 

I didn't go in to that cafe because it seemed really crowded and small inside.. Of course I can smell coffee right outside.. 

Instead I went to another cafe which is nearby as well called PoTeaTo.. 

PoTeaTo !


The interior design was rather unique and nice! 


Ordered a Tearamisu.. LOL! It was said that it was made of Earl grey tea? 

It wasn't so bad actually~ Kinda yummy and something new! =) 



Special isnt it? The interior looked so old and trying to make it classy at the same time~ 


And yes, I was enjoying the food! 


This would be the end of my cafe hunt post~ 

Hopefully I would be able to hunt more these cafes! =) 

Of course when I am back from my holiday! 

No comments: