Friday, April 24, 2015

TOKYO TRIP!! 16TH & 17TH APRIL 2015 ! DAY 4 & DAY 5 ! 

This day was the day that we are going to visit Ghibli Studios Museum !!! =D 

I had to buy our tickets online before flying, which was like 3 weeks earlier.. They do not sell their tickets on the day itself which they sell out their tickets almost everyday.. 

Luckily my friend (Wan Chin) recommended us a great website to get our tickets from! 


The above link is the one we got it from~ They have great service and they were very prompt to reply the emails! So thumbs up to them! =)



Finally get to meet Hachiko~ Basically we go to Hachiko entrance almost everyday for JR line~ But this time while I was smoking at their smoking area, Sis took her time to look at Hachiko! 



Once we reached Mitaka station, we looked out for their bus terminal by looking at their signboards which was really useful and convenient... We had to buy bus tickets to get to the museum.. 

And the bus came just in time while we were Queuing to buy the bus ticket.. The bus driver was nice enough to even wait for us! 

I believe they have certain timing but I think you won't have to wait for long, approx. 15 mins max? 




The bus was full of people~ We were so excited !! 


The tickets that we bought online~! 




They rules and regulations about taking photos, we are not allowed to take any pictures when we are inside of the museum.. You can only take pictures when you are outside of it. 

It was a pity though, there was so much to see and take nice pictures of! And you wouldn't hear me say this but their restrooms! AWESOME!!!! The decorations of the toilet is just plain awesome!! 

We even watched a short movie which was pretty amusing~ I was telling sis what are we going to do if they were to speak Japanese and there were no subtitles at all? In the end, you dont need to have subtitles at all~! heh~ 




The iconic character of Laputa! 






We went to their gift shop and it was FULL OF PEOPLE!!! T.T 

So crowded and it was so difficult to even walk.. but we managed somehow.. Sis went on CRAZY MODE!! 

I wanted to get musical box like her but i couldn't find my favorite movie that comes with a music box.. 

In the end I got some bookmarks which was really special, postcard and two display items, one was from Howl's moving castle and one from Nausicaa the valley of the wind~ 

These two movies were my favorites ~ 






I think we only hang around the museum for about 2 to 3 hours, we didnt get to try their cafe because it was FULL OF PEOPLE!! We didnt have a chance to sit down.. So we decided to go back to our apartment because we were really tired.. =X 

We didnt wanna rush ourselves during the whole trip, we just took it slow.. 


The famous scramble crossing of Shibuya!! 

We cross this crossing almost everyday though.. LOL!! =X 



Took a picture while crossing! 

We were really hungry, so we head to one of the buildings that only sells FOOD!! I believe its called the Gourmet town! 






Their food was quite okay, we didnt know we can smoke in there too.. The price was quite reasonable too~ 

Walked back to our apartment, took a power nap.. wanted to rest for like 30 mins, but in the end, we slept for an hour.. took time to prepare etc.. 

We quickly got ourselves up and head to Akihabara.. Which was pretty far from Shibuya.. 

The moment we reached Akihabara, we were stunned.. IT WAS HUGE!! We had no idea where to start!! 




We only went like one building and we took most of our time there to buy our figurines.. Some were really pricey .. To the extend that I couldn't believe the price was real.. =X 

It was such a shame that they close their shops like 8pm.. So we had to hurry up and got our stuff.. 

I so wanna go back to explore more.. I mean we didnt even shop HALF OF THE PLACE!! 

We decided to go Maid cafe for Dinner.. Sis was kinda reluctant.. But I kinda convince her, I mean since we are here, we might as well give it a try right? 

Because its something that I WILL NOT TRY IN SINGAPORE!! Its something that foreigners should give it a try in Japan! 

We didnt know that it was kinda pricey.. But the girls were kinda nice though.. 


Our food!! I ordered Omu rice and sis ordered Curry rice~ 

Seriously, something about their Omu rice.. I didnt expect it to be kinda good..

When our food arrived we had to do some actions and say something about it that made me cringe a little.. =X  Well.. It was a good experience though.. 


The name of the maid cafe~ 

We headed back to our apartment after Akihabara.. 



The two SUPER DUPER AWESOME figurines that I got from Akihabara! It was cheaper than Singapore and these two were the ones that I have been wanting to get for a very long time.. 

So when I saw this two.. I literally went crazy! 

I JUST HAD TO GET MY HANDS ON THEM!! SERIOUSLY! 



My two display I got from Ghibli Studios Museum ~! 

At first I was really hesitated to get the bug from Nausicaa of The valley of the wind.. But sis somehow convinced me to get it~ It was pretty expensive.. About S$ 60++ ( I can't remember) BUT it was all worth it! Things that I can only get in Japan.. So yes, Its worth it! 


THE NEXT DAY! 

Initially we were supposed to visit Disneysea this day BUT we made last minute changes~ We headed to Asakusa!! =)


But first, we had to take our Brunch @ Mee's Pancakes which is located at Gourmet town ! Yes, we saw this when we had our lunch the other day, told ourselves we had to try their pancakes! So we did! 

LOVE THE THEME OF THE RESTAURANT!! SO PRETTY~!!!  

We were the first customers of the day! yes, they opened at 11.30am.. 






Hot tea for sis~ 


Ice coffee for me~ I like their coffee~


My creamy spaghetti!


Sister's order~ 

Overall their food was AWESOME!! So gotta love their pancakes!! YUMMS! I miss it already! 




Do pay them a visit if you want to have a nice thick and fluffy pancakes! SUPER YUMMY!! 

After our brunch, we headed off to Asakusa!! 







There were SO MANY SHOPS to do lots of shopping!! 

The weather looks kinda gloomy in the early afternoon.. 

We were suppose to help mum to get her beads, we couldnt contact her through Whatsapp for like 3 to 4 hours.. So we might as well walked around and do some shopping~ 



It was starting to rain heavily, so we took shelter of a small restaurant to have some ice cream.. Which was not so tasty.. Whipped cream yet again.. =X Less ice cream more whipped cream.. They sure love their whipped cream.. 



We were walking back and forth of the street because we were looking for Yukata, beads, shoes.. so we had to walk back and forth to compare the price and size too.. Luckily I got one for myself!! 

And when we finally got to buy the beads for my parents.. We quickly walked to the temple, the shops too, close at 7.30pm or something .. So we quickly rushed to the temple, and by the time we reached the temple. They were closing their doors.. T.T 

WHYY?!?!?!?!?! Sadly, we didnt get to check out their inner temple.. 

I SO WANNA GO BACK AGAIN! I love Asakusa! So much things to shop! 




Jizo Bosatsu! 








We even tried these~ So fun! 

When we were done both shopping and exploring.. Its time for dinner!! =D 

We chance upon this Sukiyaki restaurant and we decided to give it a try! 



The traditional way of sitting~ It was kinda difficult for me since I am fat.. But still, gotta experience right?



All I can say about their beef was SUPER DELICIOUS!!!! It literally melt in your mouth! We chose the high grade quality which is only ranked no.2 in the restaurant, I saw the price was reasonable. So we tried it! 

YUMMMSS!!!!!!! 

When the bill came, sis was shocked, each of us had to pay 5000 yen which she find it expensive.. 

But I told her it is consider cheap compare to Singapore, I used to work in a Shabu Shabu / Sukiyaki Restaurant as a part timer so I know the price would be like.. And with this kind of quality of beef.. I would say its DAMN CHEAP! 

Then she realized how affordable it is to eat there.. 

I so wanna go back again~ Oh those beef... One day.. Wait for me!! 




This was the restaurant~ 



Taiyaki~!! 

After Asakusa, we headed back to our apartment as we need to wake up early the next day for a full day tour! So we gotta save our energy and have lots of sleep! =) 


My loots of that day~!! SO PRETTY! I always wanted a Yukata and finally I got it!! =D 

I am a happy person! I know it won't be any use in Singapore unless we got for Japanese Summer Festival! It will have some use of it! =D 

Till next time! Ciaossu!! 

No comments: