Tuesday, October 30, 2012

CAFE HUNTING 2 ! ANTOINETTE & BOOK CAFE ! 

Decided to meet up with Mary and Seng last week~ It's been quite since we hang out together, at the same time passed them the gifts that I got them while I was in Taiwan.. 

Met up at Lavender station and headed to UkuleleMovement shop~ Which was AWESOME!! Surrounded by people who were playing ukuleles and getting their own ukulele~ I nearly got another one for myself! Well, that Pink Ukulele I have been aiming for quite a while.. But I was stopped by them.. 

Maybe I will go back and get it myself~ *Evil laughter*

Dropped by at Antoinette for lunch, since we were nearby and Mary did mention that she wants to join in my Cafe hunting~ yay!! At least  I am not alone~ 


Antoinette !


We were pretty amazed by their interior designs, it was like modern English design? Everything looks so classy and gorgeous! 




Of course not to mention their cakes and everything! 

I know I should have brought the camera along with me, BUT I brought my Polaroid so I decided not to make my life so difficult.. =X 


Luckily it wasn't very crowded..

We were starving so we ordered our food~ 


Seng's Risotto ~ 



 Mary's Marinara ~ 


My Seafood aglio olio ~ 

The food was not bad but a bit too pricey.. And seriously, very small portion.. The pasta itself cost 26 bucks each.. Not saying that you shouldn't dine in here but maybe think twice before coming in? 

Since pastries is their main product~ 

We tried Mont Blanc and Green apple mousse cake~ We didnt try their Strawberry shortcake even if its their most popular item in the cafe.. We decided to try something different~ 


I gotta say, I freaking love the mont blanc of theirs!! As for the green apple mousse cake, it's a bit too sour for me.. But its quite refreshing..

Seng had to leave early for her back treatment, so me and mary stayed for like two hours? Chit chatting away~ lol~ 

We had no idea where to go, so we headed off to The Book Cafe, which I wanted to check out for the longest time ever! And it was really tough looking for that cafe since we don't drive.. =X 

We walked all the way from Clarke Quay to Robertson Quay.. =.=  At the same time, digested our lunch and got ready for our dinner~ lol~ 

Book Cafe !!


The Book cafe was quite spacious~ 



I ordered Joe's Olive rice and Mocha with Ice Cream, Mary ordered Avacado with Egg White and Turkey Foccacia ~ Mine cost about 13 bucks for the rice and about 7 bucks for the mocha.. I dont think it was expensive at all, its actually very affordable..

I totally love the food! It was not bad at all! Kinda creative and tasty! =D  What's really bonus was their staff was really friendly too, recommending food and checking out how do we like the food etc.. =) 

I will check it out again one day if I really wanna walk all the way from Clarke Quay.. =X 



We were so lucky that we got this spacious sofa seat when we reached!! =D So comfy!! I even read a lil~ 


I didn't check out the books since it was kinda dark to even read the title.. Only certain spots had spot light for you to read.. So if you wanna read, I suggest that you can go during daytime? 


Random pictures of my Polaroid ~~ =D 


Totally enjoyed our day ! =D Let's meet up again for our next hunt! 



YES... I still want this BADLY!!! =( 

No comments: